As one of the well-known antivirus program, McAfee helps to well protect your PC with some powerful & unique functions, scanning and removing all the PC viruses and malicious spyware programs within clicks. However, a common complaint among users is that it will drastically affect computer performance and make it run sluggishly, so some choose to get rid of it. Another reason to uninstall McAfee would be that the initial version is free, and then need to pay for it when the trial period expires. Now, I will show you instructions to uninstall and delete the McAfee Trial Version from your computer.
1. Go and click “Start” in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
2. Then click “Control Panel” from the menu that appears.
3. Double-click on “Add or Remove Programs”.
4.In the appearing list, locate “McAfee and highlight it. Click “Change/Remove” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
5. Also, check and remove all McAfee products from your computer as it offers trial versions of AntiVirus, Total Protection, SiteAdvisor and more. Select the programs that you wish to uninstall.
6. Click “Remove” again when asked whether you understand the consequences of not having virus protection or not.
7. Follow the on-screen to finish the uninstall job and restart your computer when it completes.
By the way, to ensure the complete uninstallation of trial version of McAfee, you should go to C:Program Files and make sure McAfee has been removed completely. If its folders are still there , you should directly remove them. But the most serious thing is that, it will leave down some registry entries in your computer, making your computer perform slowly or improperly. For this concern, it is better that you can run a professional uninstaller program like Perfect Uninstaller.
Perfect Uninstaller is a program that will fully display all programs installed in the computer but Add/ Remove Program can’t and helps you to uninstall all programs from the computer completely. More importantly, it can automatically scan and remove all registry entries and drivers as well as other components of a program. So there is no need to manually edit registry and easily get rid of the worry of system crash caused by our wrong edition. So you can easily uninstall McAfee from your computer immediately.